Friday, July 31, 2009

Competitive

I've always known I was a competitive person. I've played sports most of my life from soccer, cross country, track/field, and just going out with my friends to play a game of tennis. Even in board games I am pretty competitive - I just hate to lose. I love getting into the game/sport that I am playing and totally immerse myself into it.


Healthy? Unhealthy? I like to think being competitive is healthy - it's what pushes us forward to make us want to do better, to succeed. Without a healthy dose of competition and being competitive it helps people accomplish dreams they would have never thought possible - without it, we would sit and wait for something to happen. I will admit though that some people go to great lengths to win, will backstab friends, and only focus on the prize - alienating themselves. This is definitely not okay, and I am definitely like this. Sometimes, not being the best is humbling and rewarding.


I am writing about this because this past weekend I went to two weddings on the same day with my friend Chris. At the first wedding, I caught the bouquet. At the second, I did not. But, what's funny is how into catching the bouquet I got. I was determined, and competitive, to get that bouquet. I do not believe in the whole, "If you catch the bouquet, you are the next to get married" deal, because if that was the case I would be long married, however I think it's fun how all the girls get into it. With this in mind, I thought I would share a picture on me being competitive and all the girls trying to catch the bouquet (but I get it!)!
My friends and I laugh at this picture because it just shows how competitive I get! I have the look of determination!!!